Gimiks and Announcements!
From: Regie Pablo [firstname.lastname@example.org]
To: email@example.com [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 11:10 AM
Subject: [mfpi] Responsible Mountaineering Logo Contest
RESPONSIBLE MOUNTAINEERING LOGO CONTEST
MFPI invites everyone to submit entries for the Responsible Mountaineering Logo Contest. The winning entry will be used as the official logo of the "Responsible Mountaineering Awareness Campaign" in the Philippines.
The Campaign, which is being launched in April by MFPI at the 23rd Federation Congress, addresses the need to educate the public that the privilege of being called a "mountaineer" entails a certain amount of responsibility. Such responsibility involves concrete and immediate actions in caring for the environment. Such actions and the proper mountaineer attitudes needed for environment-friendly climbing are embodied in a system of norms and standards which we call "Responsible Mountaineering."
The Campaign aims to:
- reach non-informed climbers and climbers-to-be on the importance of low-impact mountaineering (LIM), waste management and climb ethics.
- rally established clubs in advocating "Responsible Mountaineering."
- establish a highly favorable image of the Pinoy mountaineer.
- establish mutually beneficial partnerships with government agencies, NGOs, media entities and other mountaineering clubs and sports groups.
- develop a highly visible, high-impact, quick-recall, extensive advocacy campaign in the Philippines worthy of being emulated in other parts of the world.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING ENTRIES TO THE LOGO CONTEST:
- The design should embody the spirit and messages of Responsible Mountaineering.
- The design should be easily recognizable, provide quick recall, and inspire the viewer to follow the tenets of Responsible Mountaineering.
- Only one entry will be declared as winner.
- All submissions become the property of MFPI and may not be returned to the respective designers.
- The winner will receive cash & other prizes courtesy of our contest sponsors.
- Entries should conform to the following conditions:
- Logo elements, except for the logotype (the font/letters carrying the title "Responsible Mountaineering"), must be legible up to as small as 2cm x 2cm, in 100 dpi resolution.
- Design must be flexible enough for a wide variety of applications (printed, embroidered, embossed, etc.)
- Submit both colored (if any) and black & white renditions of the design.
- Submit through email or floppy disk an electronic copy of the entry on or before May 15, 2002, in either "jpg" (jpeg bitmap), "bmp" (windows bitmap) or "tif" (tagged image file) format. (Send email submission to email@example.com / Send floppy disk submission to MFPI)
- Participating designer should include his/her complete name, address, contact numbers and club affiliation (if any) with the entry.
- Any individual or group can submit any number of entries (please submit each entry separately).
- Include a short write up describing the design and concept.
Winning entry will be copyrighted by MFPI, subject to the following conditions:
- Complete ownership of the design will be to MFPI, with due recognition (not monetary) to the designer.
- Design can be used by any individual or entity accredited by MFPI for any applications relevant to mountaineering.
- Royalties and/or monetary compensation will not be awarded to the designer with regard to use of the logo.
- The design will be used in all programs relevant to the Responsible Mountaineering campaign.
- Winning entry will be launched during the Responsible Mountaineering Awareness Campaign launch party (tentatively set on June 1, 2002).
Judging of the entries will include, but will not be limited to, the following criteria:
- Clarity of messages; relevance
- Visual impact
- Flexibility in application
- Distinct; recognizable
- Artistry; creativity
Stepping Stone Learning Center (SSLC) Summer Camp
Mt. Halcon, June 12-16, 2002 Bulletins
Outdoor Wall/Rock Climbing at Montalban, Rizal
15-km. Qualifying Run
Induction Climb 2000 Bulletins #1-#5
Tentative Group Listings for the Induction Climb
2nd Induction Climb 2000 Bulletins
Those who will fly Cebu Pacific, PAL or Air Philippines to Tacloban
Induction Climb 2000 - Travel by Sea
Graduation & Xmas Party 2000
MFPI CHRISTMAS PARTY!! 2000
Last Wed. Meeting for Y2K
AMCI Adidas-Salomon Partnership
Resuming Weekly Meetings
| Copyright © 1998-2002
Jim Samonte. All rights